May 9, 2011
Rhubarb Crunch recipe from Parish House Inn, An Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti area bed and breakfast
Posted by: Martha Cleary
PARISH HOUSE INN RECIPE
Yield: 4 servings
The dark brown sugar gives this a flavor boost.
This Springtime favorite is delicious with the addition of strawberries.
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/2 cup water
4 cups coarsely chopped rhubarb (or 2 cups rhubarb and 2 cups coarsely chopped strawberries)
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed in the cup
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350o. Coat a 9x9x2 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a 1 quart saucepan mix together granulated sugar and flour; then stir in water and mix together. Cook over medium heat until thick. Add the rhubarb and stir to mix.
3. In a small bowl, mix together oats, dark brown sugar, cinnamon and butter.
4. Pour rhubarb mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle oat mixture evenly over the top.
5. Bake for 30 minutes until top is medium brown and the filling is bubbly in the middle.
6. Serve warm with ice cream and enjoy!!!
Parish House Inn