March 31, 2017
Muffin Recipe with Carrots, Apple, Pineapple served at B&B in Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti, MI
Posted by: Martha Cleary
PARISH HOUSE INN
This is our favorite muffin. With grated carrots, shredded apple and crushed pineapple ,it is moist and tender fresh out of the oven. The flavor and texture improve even more after 24 hours. This recipe makes a lot of muffins. They freeze well and so I always have some ready to serve!
KITCHEN SINK MUFFINS
Yield: 16 large muffins
32 half size muffins
1-1/4 cup sugar
2-1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup raisins, dried cherries or dried cranberries
2 cups grated carrots (3 -4 large peeled)
1 large apple, peeled and shredded
8 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
½ cup walnuts or pecans
¾ cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 350o. Line cup cake pans with paper liners or use cooking spray.
1. In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
2. Add the pineapple, apple, carrots, dried fruit and nits and mix well.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, oil and vanilla.
4. Pour the liquid ingredients into the flour mixture and stir to mix well.
5. Fill muffin tins to the top and bake for 30 – 35 minutes for large muffins and 20 – 25 minutes for small muffins. A toothpick inserted will come out clean when they are done.
6. Cool muffins in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
By Chris Mason
Chef/innkeeper at the Parish House inn bed and breakfast for 24 years and author of her cook book
Parish House Inn on Facebook