October 26, 2016
Make Ahead Appetizer Glazed Sausage Bites
Posted by: Chris Mason
Made with simple ingredients, these meatballs will be the star of your party. Savory, with a hint of sage, complimented with the tangy sweet-sour sauce. Easy to make ahead and freeze to serve later. Enjoy!
GLAZED SAUSAGE BITES
Yield: 6 – 8 servings
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 pound pork sausage
½ cup finely crushed saltine crackers
1/3 cup milk
½ teaspoon rubbed sage
½ cup water
¼ cup catsup
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1. In a mixer bowl, combine egg, sausage, crackers, milk and sage.
2. Beat at high speed for 5 minutes.
3. Shape in to 1 ½ inch balls. (the mixture will be soft. Wet your hands to shpae easily)
4. In a skillet, brown the meat on all sides. Shake occasionally to keep the shape round. A=out 10 minutes.
5. Pour off excess fat.
6. For the glaze: In a small bowl, combine water, catsup, brown sugar, vinegar and soy sauce.
7. Pour over the meatballs, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. Place in a chafing dish or crock pot to keep warm.
By Chris Mason,
Chris has been the Chef/innkeeper at the Parish House inn bed and breakfast for 23 years. To get a copy of her cook book "7 Recipes to get You Out of bed For Breakfast Every Morning" CLICK HERE.
Parish House Inn on Facebook