March 24, 2017
5 Facts You Never Knew About Schultz Outfitters In Ypsilanti's Depot Town
Posted by: Chris Mason
Fishing is serious business. Ask any fisherman. That's why Schultz Outfitters opened their Fly shop in Ypsilanti's Depot Town in 2012, on the banks of the Huron River. If you like to fish, it's time to get ready for the season.
A recent guest from Illinois has a son who shops on their website. When their daughter came for orientation at Eastern Michigan University, they found their way to Schultz Outfitters shop in Depot Town. They arrived at closing time, but were welcomed by the staff. They even knew about their son's online shopping. Even better, the family name happens to be Schultz! Small world indeed. Thank you Schultz Outfitters.
Here are 5 facts you never knew about the Schultz Outfitters in Ypsilanti!
1. It's the hub for their educational programs, including casting lessons, workshops, and classes. Fly tying instruction for all skill levels, from beginners classes where even novice tiers learn how to quickly tie a few very effective flies. The more advanced fly can take advantage of special “Single Shot” classes with team members and special guests.
2. The fly fishing gear you need for a successful day on the water is always in stock. In addition to gear, you'll find the most comprehensive inventory of fly tying supplies in Michigan. Ask the staff to show you all the accessory items like gloves, shoes, glasses, and more.
3. It's not just a fly shop! Schultz Outfitters is Southeast Michigan's only full-time, four-season guide service and destination outfitter. The waters they fish are the 125 mile Huron River, “Off the Grid” Water or the secret spots for fishing on days off, and Steelhead Alley. Check out the the shop website for all the details.
4. The team is on the water nearly every day of the year. Product knowledge and advice is second to none. Only the gear they use is sold in the shop, and they are an authorized retailer for those products. The Huron River is out the front door and down the steps. I often see people taking lessons and fishing in the shallow water by Riverside Park.
5. Meet Mike Schultz (known as “Schultzy” to most), the Owner of Schultz Outfitters Fly Shop & Guide Service. Over the years with the help of the Huron River Watershed Council, he founded the Huron River Single Fly as well as the Huckin’ for the Huron. These two annual fundraisers are on the Huron River; Michigan’s Blue Ribbon Smallmouth stream. During the spring of 2014 Schultzy was honored with the HRWC Partner of the Year award.
Schultzy is a member of the Simms Fishing Products ELITE and YETI Ambassador programs. He also a member of the Scientific Anglers, Costa Del Mar, Clackacraft, and Regal Pro Staff. His signature fly patterns are available through Fulling Mills.
Have a question? call (734) 544-1761
Check out the website: http://www.chultzoutfitters.com
Hours of Operation at 4 East Cross Street, Ypsilanti, MI 48198
Tuesday: 10:00am – 8:00pm
Wednesday-Friday: 10:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am – 5:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm – 5:00pm
By Chris Mason
Chef/innkeeper at the Parish House inn bed and breakfast for 24 years and author of her cook book "7 Recipes to get You Out of bed For Breakfast Every Morning"
Contact information:email: email@example.com , telephone: 734-480-4800
Parish House Inn on Facebook