The Hospitality Center
The Breakfast room is the Hospitality Center of the Parish House Inn
“All of the baking is done from scratch. Great cookies! Wonderful breakfast! “A.T. Michigan
When you arrive
……you are welcomed by Chris Mason, the innkeeper, in the breakfast room/hospitality cent. After you sign the guest book, You’ll get a quick tour of the area where the microwave popcorn, the bottomless cookie jar, a small refrigerator, tea are located.
The tables and chairs are for you to use for lunch, take out meal, or just visiting with friends. (The kitchen area is not available for guest use)
……is in the next room where there are two comfortable chairs to relax, read a book or enjoy a bigger screen TV. The ironing board and iron are available and used in this room.
After the Tour
Chris will show you to your room, and give you a tour of the room and answer any questions. There is a “Welcome Letter” in the room so you will not have to remember anything!
......is served Monday Friday from 7AM to 9 AM and on the weekends and holidays from 8 AM to 10 AM. I serve a farm-to-table breakfast using locally sourced ingredients when possible. All food is made from scratch. If you have any dietary issues, please let me know in advance so I can be prepared to meet your needs. Some of my recipes are available in my online cookbook, "7 Recipes to Get You out of Bed For Breakfast Everyday".
“Best of Breakfast” cook book
You will wake up hungry as the aroma of coffee and breakfast rise from the kitchen. You can re-live your experience when you re-create the breakfast recipes at the Parish House Inn found in “The Best of Breakfast” cook book and delight your family and friends at home.
“We can’t say enough about the wonderful breakfasts she made after finding out what we like. The first day featured Michigan Oatmeal, scrambled eggs and bacon. The next day was waffles and fruit.”SR, Ohio
You can also pick up a copy during our stay or by calling me at 734-480-4800 or email me at email@example.com with your request. It $18.00 plus $3 shipping.
Need a gift? I will be happy to mail them to anyone you choose.
Our maroon logo mugs are for sale @$20 each. You can buy one during your stay or the mugs can be shipped to you for $3.
Get Recipes Now
There are recipes and videos in my online cookbook "7 Recipes to Get You Out of bed for breakfast Every Morning".
Michigan Baked Oatmeal
This recipe is the one everyone talks about and is our signature dish. You can make it ahead of time and just reheat it in your dish in the microwave for a quick breakfast. CLICK HERE to see Chris making this recipe.
- 2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 large apple, cored and grated (not necessary to peel it)
- Preheat oven to 375o
- Coat a 3 quart casserole or baking dish with cooking spray
- Mix the dry ingredients directly into the baking dish, then add the milk and flavoring and mix well.
- The almonds can be mixed in or sprinkled on top.
- Bake uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes, or until bubbly. Let stand for a few minutes before serving.
You can vary the flavors by using raisins and cinnamon, dried cranberries and grated orange rind, and walnuts for the pecans.
Our breakfast of fluffy pancakes with plump raspberries, homemade muffins, fresh fruit and crispy bacon made leaving hard. B.S. TN
There are more recipes and videos in my online cookbook "7 Recipes to get You Out of Bed for Breakfast Everyday".
Blueberry Stuffed French Toast
This a great make-ahead breakfast casserole for entertaining your family and friends.
CLICK HERE to watch Chris making this recipe.
Yield: 8-10 Servings
- 12 slices egg bread, (like Challah) cut into cubes
- 2 packages (8 ounce) cream cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (not thawed)
- 12 large eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups milk
- Coat a 9 x 13 x 2-inch glass baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place half of bread cubes in pan. Scatter cream cheese over bread, then blueberries over cream cheese.
- Place remaining bread cubes on top of blueberries.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, syrup and milk. Pour evenly over bread.
- Wrap with foil and place in refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove French toast from refrigerator and place in middle of oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes with foil on, 30 minutes uncovered, until puffy, golden brown.
- Cut into servings and top with blueberry sauce.
2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup water
1 cup orange juice
2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
In 1-quart saucepan, mix together sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon.
Add water and orange juice; cook over medium heat until thickened,
Add blueberries and simmer for 10 minutes, or until berries have burst, stirring occasionally.
Serve over Stuffed French Toast
"Chris runs a great place, from the thoughtful breakfasts (great eggs and fruit, super coffee) to the well-appointed room". SK, TX
There are more recipes and videos in my online cook book "7 Recipes to get you out of Bed for Breakfast Everyday".
Spicey Pumpkin Pancakes
These are my favorite Fall pancakes.They are made with pumpkin, cinnamon and spices. I serve them with real maple syrup, smoky bacon and a cup of coffee.
"The pumpkin pancakes are to die for!" BO. Canada
Yield: 20 pancakes
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice
1 ½ cups evaporated milk (1 can)
1 cup solid pack canned pumpkin
2 large eggs
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
¼ cup oil
Maple syrup , warmed
1. In a large bowl stir together flour,baking powder. Brown sugar, cinnamon, and allspice.
2. In a medium bowl mix together evaporated milk, pumpkin, eggs vanilla and oil.
3. Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
4. Heat griddle to 350o or until hot enough to make drops of water scatter across the surface. Spray with cooking spray.
5. Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto the griddle and cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until they are cooked through.
Serve with maple syrup and enjoy!