2 cups old fashioned oats
4 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cups dried cherries
1 large apple, unpeeled, but cored and grated
1. Preheat oven to 375o.
2. Coat a 3 quart casserole or a 8X8 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
4. Combine all ingredients in the baking pan or casserole dish. Top with additional almonds.
5. Bake uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes, or until bubbly. Serve hot.
Yield: 20 pancakes
These pancakes have a very rich flavor
and are wonderful on a crisp Fall morning.
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice
1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
1 cup solid pack canned pumpkin
2 large eggs, beaten lightly
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup bacon drippings or oil
maple syrup, warmed
1. In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, brown sugar, salt , cinnamon and allspice.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together evaporated milk, pumpkin, eggs , vanilla and bacon drippings or oil.
3. Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
4. Heat griddle until it is hot enough to make drops of water scatter across the surface.Spray with cooking spray.
5. Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto griddle and cook for about 2 minutes per side, or until they are golden brown and cooked through.
Serve wi maple syrup.