November 13, 2016
Bake Brie Without Puff Pastry
Posted by: Chris Mason
Baked Brie is such a classic appetizer. You can put this together in a few minutes. No puff pastry needed! I love it with crispy crackers or toasted French bread. Perfect with a glass of a glass of wine..Enjoy!
BAKED BRIE WITH APPLES AND CRANBERRIES
Yield: 1- 4 inch round of Brie
½ cup chopped apple (½ half of a medium)
¼ cup sliced natural almonds
¼ cup cranberries
1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter
1 8 ounce round of brie Cheese ( about 4 inches in diameter)
Thinly sliced toasted French bread rounds, cracker or apple wedges
1. Preheat oven to 350o. Spray a small cookie sheet with cooking spray, or line with parchment paper.
2. Coarsely chopped apple in a food processor.
3. In a small bowl, combine apple, almonds, cranberries, brown sugar and cinnamon, mix together gently
3. Stir in butter just until ingredients are moistened
4. Cut Brie in half, horizontally. Place the rind side down on the prepared cookie sheet cookie sheet.
5. Spread the apple mixture evenly over one half of the brie. Top with the other half, rind side up.
6. Bale 12 – 15 minutes or until Brie is soft and just begins to melt.
7. Remove from the oven. Carefully lift the Brie to a serving plate. Arrange bread, apple slice and crackers to serve.
By Chris Mason,
...the Chef/innkeeper at the Parish House inn bed and breakfast for 23 years. To get a copy of her cook book "7 Recipes to get You Out of bed For Breakfast Every Morning" CLICK HERE.