Welcome to the Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti area
Where is the Parish House Inn?
Are you looking for a a place with character and charm?
Ypsilanti is the second oldest city in Michigan, after Detroit.
- Originally established as a trading post in 1890.
- A permanent settlement was established on the east side of the Huron River in 1823 by Major Thomas Woodruff.
- It was then incorporated into the Territory of Michigan as the village of Woodruff's grove.
- Another settlement was established in 1825 on the west side of the river.
- It was named “Ypsilanti”, in honor of Demetrius Ypsilantis, a hero of the Greek War of Independence.
- The two communities eventually merged to become the city of Ypsilanti.
The Parish House Inn was built in 1893.
- Originally built for the ministers of the First Congregational Church
- Moved to this downtown location in 1987
- Totally renovated, opened as a bed and breakfast in 1993
- The Huron River flows 30 feet below our back patio
Exploring buildings with 19th century charm filled with unique shops, restaurants and museums for a day or a weekend is just steps away from your room at the Parish House Inn.
- Complimentary Farm to Table breakfast every morning.
- Our signature chocolate chip cookies in the "bottomless" cookie jar
- Popcorn, tea and cocoa always available.
Save 20% on Sunday - Thursday night rates when you "book now".
“Chris is super knowledgeable about Ypsi and very willing to share anecdotes and tips. ”
Just a 20 minute drive from the Detroit Metro Airport on I-94, the Parish House Inn is only one-half mile north of exit 183. Driving distance to Ann Arbor, the University of Michigan and the “Big House” is 20 minutes or less using convenient local roads. Detroit is 30 minutes while Toledo and Lansing are 1 hour drive time.
Eastern Michigan University is 1 mile. St. Joseph Mercy Hospital is 3 miles.
Why stay with us?
Parish House is ideally located for:
- Exploring History at the Auto Museum, Firehouse Museum, and Historical museum
- Browsing the 8 antique shops in Ypsilanti, Michigan
- Taking a 30 minute road trip to quaint towns, wineries, and the Henry Ford Museum
- Walking or jogging on nearby trails
- Feeling at home away from home on area business trips
- Visiting Eastern Michigan University
- Experiencing a memorable Wedding Night
- Exploring Ann Arbor and the University of Michigan
- Attending an event in Riverside Park, at EMU or “the Big House”
We have lived here for 24 years, love the history of this area, and weren't happy with area accommodations, so we created the Parish House Inn where we can help people discover what to do, where to go and who to see in the Ann Arbor- Ypsilanti area.
"It's easy to get on and off the highway and very convenient to Ann Arbor and other local sights. ”
We are located at 103 South Huron Street Ypsilanti, Michigan 48197
Sign Up Today
Subscribe to our newsletter and be the first to learn about our seasonal promotions and special deals.
By clicking "Sign Up" I agree to the Terms of Service.
We strive to provide an exceptional level of service for every guest, and are proud to have a 5-star rating on TripAdvisor.View Reviews